What is a virtual visit?
The Culinary Health Center has virtual visits. Virtual visits mean you can see a health care provider without coming to the Health Center. You can have a virtual visit using your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
How to see a provider virtually
- Call 702-790-8000 to schedule a virtual visit.
- Before your scheduled time, you will receive a text message or email reminder. This will include a link allowing you to start the virtual visit on your device. On the day of your appointment, you may receive a phone call confirming your appointment. This is to make sure you have already received a message with the virtual visit link.
- When it’s time for your appointment, use the link to start your visit. This will place you in a virtual waiting room. When your provider is ready to see you, you will connect automatically.
- Follow this link to see the virtual visit process step-by-step.
Questions and answers
Can I have someone with me during my virtual visit?
Yes. You can have someone like a family member or a caretaker join you during your virtual visit. Forward or share your visit link so they can join you.
How long will I have to wait in the virtual waiting room?
Your provider will be with you as soon as possible. It's just like waiting at the doctor’s office. When your provider is ready, you will be automatically connected. If for some reason you have to wait more than 30 minutes, your session may expire and you will have to use your visit link to enter the virtual waiting room again.
What should I do if I'm accidentally disconnected?
You can use your visit link to reconnect with your health care provider.
What should I do if I donʼt receive a message with a link for my virtual visit?
Call us at 702-790-8000, and we can send the link again.
Do I need to install an app to use the virtual visit service?
No. Virtual visits start by clicking on the link you receive. This link will open a web browser and take you to the virtual waiting room.
What kind of device can I use for a virtual visit?
You can have a virtual visit on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. After you make your appointment, you will receive a message with instructions for testing your device to make sure your device and web browser will work with the virtual visit service.
Smartphones and tablets
Most smartphones and tablets running a recent version of Android or iOS will work.
- Android: Use a recent version of Google Chrome
- iOS (iPhone, iPad): Use Safari. The virtual visit service does not work with Chrome, Edge, or Firefox on iPhones or iPads.
- Most smartphones and tablets running a recent version of Android or iOS will work.